Thursday, June 28, 2012

The One Where He FInds Out

    May 1, 2012

Today, Petey was scheduled to leave for a 4 day trip for work. The night before he didn't think that he would actually have to leave because the departure time was earlier than the time he has to be at the airport. Little did he know.....they were going to delay the whole flight until he arrived....paying passengers had to wait just for him! That's right my my traveling friends, the airlines delay your flights to wait on a pilot to get out of bed and come to work! I bet you will be slightly more annoyed the next time they tell you your flight is delayed for "technical difficulties". Anyways, I had somewhat known for about a week that I was pregnant but refused to take a test because I didn't want to get all excited and then be disappointed again, like i had the months before. I had a Dr. appointment scheduled for the next morning to discuss options and start medication to help aid us in getting pregnant. I had the strongest feeling I didn't need that appointment so I decided I had better take a test and tell him before he left for 4 days and I was stuck keeping an exploding secret or worse, sending him a text "I'm pregnant" while he was trying to fly a plane somewhere. I took the test and had to look twice. i couldn't believe it, finally my turn to see 2 pink lines!!! I cried and cried. Then I scrambled to make some cute way to tell him. I had come up with so many cute ideas over the past few months but it was 5:30am and I had 30 min before he would be called to leave. Crunch time! I decided to make a bandana for Diesel and a card. I woke him up at 5:55 and told him to come with me to check on the dog, something was wrong and I didn't know what to do (cruel joke since our dog had been sick for a few weeks). He ran downstairs and started petting the dog and coaxing him. What he didn't do was manage to see the giant bandana on the dog that was right in front of him!!! I's squirming with excited by this point and in complete disbelief, I had no idea i had a blind husband! I handed him the card thinking surely he would get this, not so much! Well, he did but it took a minute. Poor guy gets woke up before dawn and is supposed to process life changing information....oops, my fault! He got called to leave right after and the first person to know he was going to be a daddy was a random guy at crew scheduling haha. I can't remember a time in my life that I've ever been as happy as that moment. Can't wait to meet this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment