Saturday, July 7, 2012

The One with the Pregnant Mormon with Coffee Breath

As I mentioned in my blog before, Monday I really wanted a Caramel Apple Spice ( apple cider) from Starbucks. I would like to share with you, my journey....

-Leaving the Atl airport waited to the gate to get one..... the line was ancient long and we got called to board before I would have gotten the drink.
Ok fine, I'll get one in MN.
-Get to the Minnesota airport, no Starbucks in sight.
-Get to the mall, no Starbucks, then it was time to eat and I didn't want to get full so we stopped looking....bad idea.
-Eat Street, looked everywhere, couldn't find food let alone a freakin hot cider in a clean cup
-Minnesota airport....look up gate restaurants, says G16 has one. walk all the way there....nothing! but G20 has a Carribou Coffee....which has nothing hot and decaf
-Land in Atl aiport sooo excited, Petey goes to get the car while I get a Starbucks, only when I get there, they say we are closing in 5 min, we aren't making any more drinks...WHAT?!!?! I had 5 min

I go home sad and empty handed

The next morning, I have to be at work at 8 so I get up 35 min early to make sure I have time to go to Starbucks on my way to work, determine to get this stupid drink which has now officially become mission impossible.
I tell the guy at the counter, who couldn't care less how I have tried to get this drink. I then ask to read the label of the syrup they add to it to ensure there are no artificial sweeteners, caffeine, or anything else I can't have. I explain to him that I am mormon and pregnant and tell him my limitations. I get the largest size the have, pay for the drink and tell the guy he made my day.

I get in the car, drive to work letting my drink cool, get halfway there and take a sip. I taste COFFEE. I convince myself that I must be confused or perhaps the whip cream container touched coffee before my drink. I stir it an try again, nope it's definitely coffee. why do I taste coffee, what about this moment is wrong? As I angrily try to put the cap back I spill the drink all over myself as I pass a cop. lovely. I get to work have ashley try my drink, yep it's coffee. I call the guy and ask if there is any way there is coffee in my drink and he tells me he MAY have accidentally put espresso in my cider instead of the cinnamon syrup!!! I finally get the drink and this is what happens.... I am now the pregnant mormon with coffee breath WOW

Anyways, he left a voucher at the counter for me to come by and pick up. Inside the card read, "Ms. Walton, I am sooo sorry for the mixup. I hope this doesn't mess you up with your church or your pregnancy. Please forgive me!! Love, Starbucks Guy"

UGGGHHHHH

I still have yet to use the voucher



1 comment: