Saturday, July 7, 2012

The One With The Public Service Announcement

Every time I go out in public people look at my belly.....awkward! Their eyes go straight to the tummy, I just want to say, "hey I'm up here, can I hep you?" I can tell some people are trying to figure out if I'm just a little chunky monkey or if I'm pregnant as if either are any of their business. Anyways the part of I feel the need to vent about got even worse the other day in Walmart. Now I am not saying I am better than anyone but Walmart has been known to house to pretty interesting creatures. I mean that website doesn't exist for nothing.
Example:



 I am also not going to claim I have never judged someone I saw in Walmart based on their appearance but I do not usually expect to be judged unless I'm in sweats, no makeup and looking like a hot mess. Well the other day, I happen to have quite the opposite appearance. I was in a dress, with makeup, decent hair and looking nothing like the creatures shown above. I'm in the baby department and a man, shopping with a lady a probably son, looks at me then looks at my belly then gives me a disgusted look.  The look is a look I get way to often. It screams, "Great another underage, unmarried girl,  accidentally knocked up with no husband that my taxes are going to pay for." I realize you probably think I am being dramatic but people really do give me judgmental looks because I am pregnant and look young. Well news flash people.... I am none of the above and I am sick of that look!
My name is Michele Walton. I am not too young to have this baby, I am married and was before I got pregant, this baby was not only part of the plan but WAS the plan, I can afford to be having this baby, I do not appreciate your judgmental and assumptive looks and I do plan to blame it on hormones when I knock that look of your face!!!!
Thank You and Have a Nice Day

No comments:

Post a Comment